Weekend Trips to Mexico

On a separate weekend from the pre-fab build, a team of 12 to 20 people assemble the lofthouse in the area of Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico. These teams can be comprised of entirely different people than assembled the panels, therefore widening the participation of your congregation. Charges for Fri and Sat night accommodations and 5 meals are $30 per adult, $20 for children 3-8 years old, children under 3 are free. A family rate is available for one household families for $100.

Typically, early on a Friday, flatbed trailers loaded with the houses are transported by drivers from your church to the Mexican border. Loft house drivers cross through Mexico Customs with required paper work. The rest of the construction team caravans down to have dinner and stay overnight at our camp facility Rancho Casitas. The following morning after a prepared breakfast and logistics meeting, the teams go out to assemble the panels into a complete home in just one day. The team then prays for the family, dedicates the house and hands over the keys along with a Spanish bible and an audiobible in their heart language.

Once finished, the teams then return to Rancho Casitas for a hot shower and dinner. After dinner, a campfire is available. After breakfast on Sunday morning, teams pack up and head for home. Travel time home can be considerably longer because of delays at the border and the time it takes to wait in line for U.S. border security. To check border wait times at San Ysidro (returning from Mexico to the U.S) see this link. http://apps.cbp.gov/bwt/index.asp

Proof of Citizenship needed for returning to the US

Passports or passport cards are technically required for adults for all land border crossings into the United States. Customs officials will also require proof of citizenship (birth certificate) for children to enter the US. If you do not have a passport or passcard, you may still be able to go to Mexico. Please click on the following link for more information. Passport Requirements


Minors traveling without both of their parents need a notarized permission slip. Click here for form to print and have notarized. Notary Parent Permission for HOM

Click here to learn about obtaining a passport.
US Passports.

Comments are closed.