Minimum Requirements for Participation in
We are glad you are interested in joining us in this exciting ministry. From feedback
from our previous partners, we have compiled this list to help you be prepared.
1. Attend a pre-build in the US with several of your potential key leaders
2. Join HoM on a Mexico trip with 2-3 key leaders of your group prior to your
trip to Mexico with your entire group.(Strongly suggested but not required)
3. Be able to provide a driver, truck, and flatbed trailer (double-axle, 14-18
foot) for each loft house. This driver must be able to leave early Friday
morning(or the day before the build day in Mexico)
4. Provide a coordinator for each of the following areas:
o Pre-build in your church parking lot
o Refreshments for Pre-build
o Sewing of Curtains for loft house
o Transportation and insurance
o Materials purchase –
o Housing and Accommodations
o Handling of finances
o Contractors/skilled construction leaders to lead house
build(note HoM will also provide at least one helper)
o Ministry assignments beyond the builders
o Activities at Rancho El Refugio
5. Your reservation is secure when we receive your HoM Reservation Form,
and your $474.45 per loft house fee to cover out of pocket expenses. You will
receive email confirmation upon receipt of those items and an invoice to facilitate your deposit payment.
6. First time groups will pay a set fee of $3000 dollars for the materials and fees for building each loft house. This does not include transportation, insurance, housing and meal costs for your group.
7. Please go to our website www.handsofmercy.com and go to “nuts and bolts”
for more information.
8. Be prepared to share the love of Christ with each other and our friends in
If you have any further questions, please call Hands of Mercy at 909 499-6783.